cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 incoming Access rule issue

mike jetter
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought an RV325 router. so far its working great except for one issue I cant seem to figure out.

I can create outgoing access rules just fine, but when i try to create an incoming access rule the router

appears to ignore the rule. Here is what i am trying to do

I have an ftp server setup on my LAN. If I setup a port forward to forward port 21 to my ftp server I can connect

from the internet just fine. What I would like to do tho is restrict it so that only 1 ip address would be allowed in.

The port forwarding page doesnt give me the option to specify a single IP address. So I then try to create the same 

rule on the firewall -> access rules page. When i recreate the same rule there I cannot connect from the internet.

I made sure to put the newly created rule with a priority of 1. I have also tried changing the rule so that ANY ip

address and ALL ports were being sent to my ftp server and it still wouldnt let me in. 

Source interface - WAN1

Source - ANY 

Service - 1-65535

Destination - 10.0.40.104

I am out of ideas why this would work for port forwarding but not on the firewall access rules page. Is it a bug? or do 

I need something else configured? Im attaching screenshots of the port forwarding rule and the firewall rule

Thanks!

0 Replies 0