cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 port forwarding to /26 subnet can't be configured

scottdcarson
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV325, firmware v1.1.1.06.   One of my vlans is a /26 subnet that doesn't start at 0; it contains addresses 64-127 (with the router at 65).  I'm trying to configure an external port forward from port 80 to .66 (in this case, 192.168.4.66).  But when I do, I get the message "Private IP address should be under 192.168.4.1-62!" 

I can trick the UI into allowing me to set this up by temporarily changing the vlan to a /25, entering the forwarding rule, and changing it back to a /26.  But then, what's my confidence that the forwarding will take place?   And, once the router's in production, this idea becomes considerably less attractive. Yes, I could set up a lab and test this, but isn't that Cisco's job? 

This seems like a flat out bug to me.  Has anyone else had a similar experience and/or figured out a way around it?

I'm attaching a couple of relevant screen shots.  Thanks, my friends.

Here's the subnet setup for VLAN 25.

Network/Subnet Setup

And here's the error message I get when trying to forward a port to that subnet.

Error message trying to forward.

1 Reply 1

Mehdi Boukraa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott,

My name is Mehdi from Cisco Technical Support, please can you try to configure this rule (port forwarding for Port 80 ) from Port Address Translation and not from Forwarding, and you don't need to translate the port (if not needed) just from drop down menu select HTTP (TCP/80-80) to the server 192.168.4.66

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco Customers

Greetings

Mehdi