cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N Backup/Restorer Question

sean.cooper
Level 1
Level 1

Short Version :- I have a WRVS4400N V2.0.1.3 that is in gateway mode and has I believe several quirky settings entered due to a home automation network with security camera's/alarm system etc. I'm having serious issue with the wireless (needs rebooting several times a day) and feel the need to factory reset the device. If I Backup the settings will it save ALL the settings or does ANYTHING get not saved? 

Longer Version :- I have a RVO16 connected to a 100 Mbps cable modem/service and a pathetic 3 Mbps DSL modem/service. Attached to this is a CISCO switch and a WRVS4400N V2.0.1.3 wireless router which is in Gateway mode. Attached to the switch (behind the RV016) are several computers which consistently speed test at 80-90 Mbps.

The WRVS4400N in turn has another CISCO switch behind it. Attached that are several more computers and a lot of home automation equipment, home entertainment system, alarm system, IP security camera's etc. The computers on this 'network' consistently speed test at a much reduced 20-25Mbps. The wireless Network when at it's best used to speedtested up to 12-15 Mbps but more consistently is in the 9-10 Mps range.  Over the last year though this has degraded to <1Mps. Rebooting several times will sometimes achieve a speed of 2-3 Mbps but 1-1.5 Mbps is more typical, which over 24-48 hrs will degrade back to <1Mps. I know that when the WRVS4400N was installed there were many issues/conflicts between the home automation equipment, IP camera's etc. As such I believe several specific settings/assignments were made to the WRVS4400N. I obviously need to do something to restore my wireless network. My first choice is obviously a factory reset of the modem, the second choice is replacing the modem. Hence the question is, if I backup the WRVS4400N, reset to factory, and then Restore the saved settings, will it actually restore everything meaning any specific settings installed specific to the IP Camera's/Home Automation etc.

As a second question (a) if I was to replace the router, what would people recommend - I'd like to get the best there is rather than worry about a few dollars. And (b) If I do replace the modem any chance I will be able to load the WRVS4400N config/settings or will I need to try and replicate everything?

0 Replies 0