Views
Helpful
Replies

rv325 setup

jmcintyre6
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an RV325 setup with a vpn tunnel.  The communication between the direct sites work.  Those 2 subnets can talk to each other.  No other subnet can see the RV325.  I have been looking through the documentation but I am unable to find the correct place to turn on the static routing.  Can anyone help me with that?

6 Replies 6

tie0000011
Level 1
Level 1

More details  of  what  type  of  VPN,  Network  topology and   IP  details  may be  helpful before we  can  offer  help !

I found the menu that allows for static route input, but i am still unable to see the routes when looking at the routing table.  the question is "has anyone successfully entered static routes in the rv325 for multiple subnets?"  If you have I would like to know about your experience with the rv325.  I have enabled remote management.  Under the menu "advanced routing" i have added a few of the needed subnets but I am still unable to ping devices on those same subnets from the rv325.  I am working in Gateway mode and RIP is not enabled because it is not enabled on the target device.  Everything is enabled on the WAN1 port because that is the internet connection and the vpn connection.

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Moving post to Small Business > Router Community

When you say no other subnet can see the RV325, I assume you mean you are trying to route a subnet through a VPN tunnel?

If yes, you can't route through tunnels, you have to use another tunnel.

Somewhat over simplified so as not to be confusing - you use routes for TCP, you use tunnels for VPN.

For every subnet you want to go through the VPN you need to set up a tunnel (although you may be able to save on tunnels using CIDR/supernetting).

I will upload a document that gives an overview of the current state of the network.  I am attempting to add "gateway-to-gateway" tunnels but when I hit save on the rv325 it refreshes the current screen and does not apply the gateway entries. As you check the document just note that both Canadian sites are on DSL.  Even though one office is labeled big, it's just the biggest of the 2.  Let me know what you think i may be doing wrong.  The tunnel between the Canadian sites works well but the rest of the network is invisible.

Can you please add  the  IP ranges and  subnets  to the  topology?

From  what you have  provided,  it  is a   2 spoke and  hub   topology  and I  don't  believe the  RV  can handle  routing  through  2 hubs .