cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Stops responding to all VPN connections.

rljesse
Level 1
Level 1

After a few days my VPN will stop receiving any inbound VPN connections, EasyVPN, PPTP.   Port forwarding still works fine.  The only way to correct is to reboot the device from the power switch, the reboot command in the software does not do anything once this happens.

Outbound is fine, I'm running firmware version v1.2.1.14

I'm hoping that there is a fix or is this something broken in my router?  I've reset the config to factory and rebuild and same thing.

Rick

7 Replies 7

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

I hope you are doing fine.  a good point to start would be by checking the logs to see if you find the reason why the vpn is being disconnected.

regards,

Logs were completely silent until I logged in to the GUI locally then tried the VPN and it worked, or one time I had to reboot it to get it to work.  It has now been holding for 2 days and counting. 

Rick

Same Problem on latest version of the firmware,. VPN's just stop connecting nothing in the log and on the other side of the VPN just a timeout message from no response.

With the latest version mine has been much more stable, I maybe have only had to reboot the router once or twice in the last 9 mo's

Rick

Our client had no internet this am, did a reboot and still no VPN, or anything in the log. Even deleted the VPN and re-created and still nothing in the log.  Is there any other magic to get the VPN up without a reset and reconfiguring the box? 

I've not seen that issue, could the ISP be blocking ports?  More and more are starting to block ports.    Is Internet back?

My Cellular company over LTE changed things a few weeks ago an now I can't connect with my phone to my VPN.

Called ISP any said they do not block ports, since it's a business account, if they were you would think the Logs on the device would still show it trying to connect, as it did when first setup.....guess I'll just replace with another brand as Cisco has been progressively worse to deal with over the years.