cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 - What is "kernel: wrong ip[0],not_list[0]" in log?

shiftgear6
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are evaluating the RV325 unit.   It is running the latest firmware (v1.1.1.19).  The unit seems to be operating ok but we keep seeing this message "kernel: wrong ip[0],not_list[0]" repeatedly logged in the System Log.  What does this message means?   It's printed so many times that it's polluting the logs.

Regards,

Albert

2 Replies 2

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

yes, there are several existing discussions about same syslog message, like here, here or here, but neither of discussions points to solution.

If you device is still under warranty I would suggest you to open service request to Cisco Small Business Support Center to make this issue fixed permanently.

I keep reading everywhere that the answer to the question "What is 'kernel: wrong ip[0],not_list[0]'?" is "Send units under warranty to Cisco for repair."  Seriously???  Doesn't anyone actually know why this log entry would be created?

In other words, what is triggering this log entry? Could it be caused by more than one condition?  And if so, what are they?

I'm hoping for a more techincal answer, preferrably from someone who understands the inner workings of these routers.  Am I asking for too much?

I have a handful of these RV320 units deployed in different environments and they all contain the same kernel log entries.  This might mean that this is all normal, but, can we just be told why this entry is being logged?

"...teach me how to fish..."