cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 1:1 (one-to-one) NAT no longer available for IPSEC VPNs for overlapping subnets

Please, if I'm missing something, someone let me know.  I've looked everywhere, but the 1:1 NAT seems to be removed from the RV340.

I have 2 locations that need a VPN and both are using 192.168.1.0/24 for the LAN subnets.  Normally I'd set up some translation and life is good, but the option no longer seems to be available.  This is a potential non-starter for this series before I go back to SonicWall (ick) or PepLink (slow).  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to configure overlapping subnets across IPSec?

3 Replies 3

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Michael,

1:1 NAT is basically now Static NAT on RV34x series (Firewall-->Static NAT). Using the site-to-site VPN the private LAN IP network address of each site should have no overlaps.

Regards,

Martin

Unfortunately, sometimes they do have overlaps.  Are you saying there is no way to configure this if both LANs are 192.168.1.x/24 ?  I would usually use 1:1 to work around the problem.

this is a old post, but is there any possibilities to do some "NAT Source" configuration on a RV340 if two sites got the same address range? because i can't find any anwsers regarding question from MichaelHicks83895, please let us now