Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 100% CPU hang after packet drop with no destination

After a couple of weeks of troubleshooting and firmware upgrades and setting adjustments. I have officially given up..

After loading PRTG and watching what happens during 48hrs.. I've come to the conclusion that this a POS router.

Here is what happens..

Immediately after I get a series of these messages in the log..

kernel: [141072.610828] FIREWALL: DROP PACKET is not associated with an existing connectionsIN=eth3.1 OUT=eth2

The router goes to 100% utilization for 10-30 sec.. Causing the following conditions on a repeated basis.. Also the session concurrent limit is reached constantly over time even after tweaking timeouts etc..

Here are a few graphs depicting what happens to HTTP: as well as ICMP and DNS pings when these conditions are reached.

BTW I disconnected the offending DVR that was creating the packet and magically this morning the condition has not been reached.. Oh BTW SNMP is broken as you know only showing stats for USB1 on a SNMP probe.. And no I am not reseting the router to factory settings to get SNMP to work like it should out of the BOX..!

Ping_Router.png

HTTPS.png

Full_Web_Page Load.png

Ubiquiti on the way!

RV340 for sale cheap!

It will up on Ebay in a few days!

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks for me Bug, worth opening TAC case if you still looking ( as per the message you gave up going to other product, good luck).

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/firewall-blocking-traffic-to-static-route-on-rv340/td-p/3026473

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help