Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - How To Apply A Purchased License Token

For the RV340 Router, I have purchased the -- LS-RV34X-SEC-1YR= -- 1 Year Security Subscription.

How to apply the license token in the router admin UI?

I have logged in to the Smart License Manager online and in – Inventory - I see the Product Instance Registration Tokens for the license I purchased.

In the router I have:

1) logged in and navigated to the License page on the router and selected – Actions – Refresh License State

2) selected – Choose Smart Licenses – highlighted – Security License – selected – Save and Authorize

3) a pop-up appears – License authorization renewal are done.

The router License page still shows License Authorization Status as – Out of Compliance.

How to apply the purchased license?

Regards

5 Replies 5

mridsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Kindly request you to open a service request with us, by calling our frontline team.

US/Canada

1 866 606 1866

Will have to check with the license and count that is been seen smart license page and Router license page.

Thanks,

Mridul

SBSC

I have opened a request and the email replies so far are just clueless and not helpful at all.

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also before contacting our licensing support they will ask:

In the router GUI please make sure the router is "registered" to the correct SmartAccount.

2019-06-19_12-01-00.png

In the Smart Account please make sure that your purchased license is in your Smart Account Inventory:

And you can check if the router "pulled" the license.

2019-06-19_11-52-03.png

2019-06-19_11-55-37.png

Best

Jo

Although I am aware of the steps you suggest, thanks for your effort with the screen shots. That takes time. The device was/is registered to both the proper Smart Account and Virtual Account. The router is not "pulling the license. That is the problem. I have opened a support case and the result so far is not helpful at all.

Thx, then it looks like:

- no connectivity to the Smart Licensing Server from Cisco ( i will need to check wich domain/ipaddress needs to be reachable )

- not enough free licenses available

- a bug

Regards

Jo