08-06-2022 12:38 AM - edited 08-06-2022 12:38 AM
I'd appreciate your help.
I use RV340 as my Home Router, recently my ISP changed so my WAN settings were changed from DHCP to PPPoE.
Since then, the 3 sensibo devices i have has stopped having Internet communication.
They do get LAN IP and i can PING them from my Smartphone/PC/etc devices.
Most IoT devices require 2.4Ghz WiFi connection, which they get off of my WiFi AP.
I reseted my RV340 to factory default settings, however the problem still remains.
Tried disabling the Firewall but of no luck.
I'd appreciate any help or thought.
08-06-2022 02:54 AM
- Check logs on the RV when the IOT devices try to use Internet. Also check if they can ping the default gateway to the Internet that the RV uses. In that context check if any network changes are needed related to WiFi AP <-> RV connectivity , either on the access point or on the RV.
08-08-2022 11:57 AM
Thanks for your reply to me.
The log shows this:
2022-08-08T20:44:44+02:00 <info>kernel: [ 968.903340] FIREWALL: DROP PACKET is not associated with an existing connectionsIN=eth3.1 OUT=ppoe-wan1p DST_MAC=ec:bd:1d:44:85:71 SRC_MAC=:d8:bf:c0:ce:d5:54 src=192.168.1.120 DST=126.96.36.199 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=254 ID=551 PROTO=TCP SPT=49740 DPT=443 WINDOW=2144 RES=0x00 ACK RST URGP=0 MARK=0x400
Can this be the problem?
08-08-2022 11:40 PM
- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvn68205
08-08-2022 11:53 PM
Thank you for that.
Is there a workaround for this problem?
I didn't quite understand that...
08-09-2022 07:15 AM - edited 08-10-2022 12:06 AM
- It seems that , according to the bug report , that this is the issue was introduced with the latest firmware version , that means that a downgrade could help (no success guaranteed).
08-10-2022 12:13 AM
Unfortunately I'm unable to downgrade the firmware.
No matter which file(version) i try to downgrade with (downloaded from cisco.com of course) i get an error message.
<error>system: Failed : verification of image failed!
Can you be for the rescue?
08-10-2022 02:00 AM
- When you download the firmware from Cisco then afterwards verify the md5sum of the downloaded firmware-file , which you can view by hoovering over the image name on the download site. (You then also have an option to copy it to clipboard).
08-10-2022 04:23 AM
Thanks a lot for all your help!
So basically it's just a verification process to see that the md5sum of the downloaded file matches the md5sum on the download page, right?
What is there to do if a mismatch occurs?
08-10-2022 04:37 AM
>So basically it's just a verification process to see that the md5sum of the downloaded file matches the md5sum on the download page, right?
Yes , there are online apps for that (too) such as : https://emn178.github.io/online-tools/md5_checksum.html
>What is there to do if a mismatch occurs?
Then you need to try the download again.
08-10-2022 07:28 AM
Did the md5sum check and it matches.
However, the RV still fails to downgrade the firmware with the same error.
Any advice for that?
08-10-2022 09:31 AM
- I am 'near out for words' sometimes the downgrade may not work , due to conflicting expectations w.r.t image-verification on the current more recent version installed. You could save the configuration (externally from the device), try a factory reset and then downgrade but I doubt in this case it is going to work : , for the rest there only remains : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html
Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: