cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 LAN Ports - Packet Error question.

CitNetGuy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV340 and have packet errors on my ports.

I have 2 ports in a LAG to an HP Procurve 1820 switch, used as an aggregate, and all four ports are set to auto config and the HP does not report any errors.

I have moved the connections off the HP switch to a Cisco SG350 and the same issue, packet errors, occur.

I have tried connecting a PC to a port not in the lag and have gotten errors on it also.

In all cases, the errors are small compared to the amount of traffic.

The question is - Could packet errors be caused by firewall rules that are executed, such as devices on one vlan are denied access to another vlan?  Or could I have a bad router?

2 Replies 2

Ingrid Aragon
Level 1
Level 1
We apologize for the hard time you are experiencing with this unit.
To better understand your issue can you please provide me your network topology, in addition share the log errors.

Hi, thank you for your interest in this issue.

The network consist of cable modem - RV340 - Aggregate Switch (any given managed switch) - wireless controller / other switches and devices.

The issues I see are as follows -

1. Packet Errors in the Port Status for ports used.  (No errors reported on connected devices).

Not knowing if they are CRC or other physical or data link errors.  I have replaced patch cables, tried different switches. I get some errors on other lan ports not in the lag when I connect a pc or laptop.

2. Increased ping times, by 10ms to 30 ms when pinging gateway or other locations such as google.com. As opposed to being directly connected to a cable modem. 

3 Performance issue, some latency, for a vlan that is not allowed beyond WAN when accessing other equipment.

I am guessing the issue is errors are dropped packets because it didn't meet firewall criteria.  But that is a guess and the reason for the question.

I have attached ss of how the router is configured.