cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 network address translation for outgoing/ response traffic

rogernotnap
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find any illuminating explanation on how traffic is returned to the correct IP address in the NAT I have 4 fixed I addresses for 4 websites.

I have NATed the 4 to the internal addresses, but they are not responding to incoming requests!

4 Replies 4

boatanas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Roger,

Your four public IP addresses should be correctly mapped to your static internal IPs through the Static NAT option under Firewall. Bear in mind that the WAN IP address should be excluded from this pool. The private range begin should be your first static internal IP and the public range begin should be the first available public IP. If you need all traffic to be forwarded, please ensure that the Services drop-down menu shows "All Traffic". Naturally you also need to choose which WAN interface will be used.

One more thing: please check the subnet mask under your WAN settings, it has to be something like 255.255.255.248. These settings should have been provided by your ISP.

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC

Thanks for the quick response.

The service is PPPoE, this is one of the mutually exclusive selections on the WAN list. 

Forums 001

The static ip addresses appear to be correct

Forums 002

It wouldl appear that PPPoE setttings provide the ip settings

Note: 1. Add this sub-interface to Multi-WAN table to forward the default route traffic. Or it will only forward the connected route traffic based on routing table. 
2. This interface Network Service Detection will turn off automatically when protocol is PPPoE. Please go to Multi-WAN to configure it.

How do you configure the Multi-WAN for the four HTTP/S ipaddress entries that don't seem to work when PPPoE is selected could you give an example please

Dear Roger,

Your issue may need further troubleshooting. I would therefore advise you to open a support  case by using a local phone line: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/small-business-switches/sg300-28-importing-self-signed-sha2-certificate-for-ssl-which/td-p/2626646

Borislav Atanassov
Cisco Small Business TAC