cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 router 30 bit Mask Issue

leecoxhouse1
Level 1
Level 1

I rebuilt my RV340 router from a factory reset trying to check another issue and I can not seem to make it work using a 30 bit mask for VLAN1 using version 1.0.02.16.  I have a SG300-28 switch in layer3 mode connected to the RV340 router. I have a router VLAN on my layer 3 switch with 1 access port defined with a 30 bit mask. It works with version 1.0.01.20.  When I change the IP on VLAN1 with the new version it will not ping out using the router to ping with. IT gets a general failure on ping.  I tried adding different ACLs but I could not come up with 1 which works.  Can you help me out?  Thanks.

I do like the new GUI on the new version.

4 Replies 4

leecoxhouse1
Level 1
Level 1

To change the IP on VLAN1 I first delete DHCP scope and save.  Then I edit VLAN1 and change the IP and change the prefix to 30.  I then change my NIC IP on my PC to 192.168.10.2 255.255.255.252.  I then connect to the router and save since the changes are only in running config.

We still have a problem with the latest release firmware 1.0.03.15. The static routing does not work when I change the IP on the router to 192.168.10.1/30.  The 30 bit IP address now works but I can not add static routes for my SG300-28 layer 3 switch networks. So I have moved back to the old firmware.  I hope you can fix this soon.  Keep up the great work.  Yes I started with factory defaults.

Just to be completely clear,  After changing VLAN1 IP to 192.168.10.1/30 and saving it.  When I try to add IPv4 static routes the ADD button does not work.  I cannot add any static routes.  This works fine in the older version.

Also there is annoying little window which keeps coming up and makes it hard to save the running config using the disc save icon after changing VLAN1 IP.

IPv6 is disabled as it is set with factory defaults.  I did not make any IPv6 changes only IPv4.

I have a question.  I think I can upgrade the firmware as long as I don't do a factory reset.  Would I be better off upgrading the firmware or staying with the older version?  Is there any difference security wise if I don't do a factory reset?