Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - Security Settings Issue

Issues with RV340 router. For around a month now, I've had the optional security license, with IPS and Antivirus both enabled.

One day I came in to Wi-Fi problems in the building. Mobile devices could not load the majority of content in apps like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Netflix, etc. and some of those apps were intermittently displaying a "No Internet" notification. After trying different methods of accessing the same content, I learned it was only happening over Wi-Fi. Wired devices seemed okay.

I checked a multitude of different things, and learned that when I disabled IPS and Antivirus on the router. The issue goes away completely. When I re-enable it, the issue comes back.

NOTE: Wi-Fi devices are on a separate VLAN & subnet from the wired devices. No web/content filtering in place.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check connectivity and traffic logs when this happens for the particular devices. check if that can provide further insights. Look at overall logs of the RV too and look for blocking activity , if any. If needed use debugging levels for the logging-classes mentioned.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've had the optional security license, with IPS and Antivirus both enabled. - can you explain more, you do have license or not ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, I've had it for a little longer than a month now.

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Owen,

What is your Wi-Fi setup? Is it the RV340 DHCP server for all the VLANs/SSIDs? Any access rules configured on the RV340?

Regards,

Martin