cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 site to site file sharing stops working

DzinPo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, there. I have two routers, one is RV340 and the other one is RV340W. I can establish the the s2s connection between them, but after while the file server which is connected to RV340W cant be accessed.. At the begining file sharing is working, but after some time, maybe 10 minutes, it stops, although both of routers shows status for tunnel "UP"...

After manual disabling/enabling the connection, the file sharing is working for a while..

What could be the problem ?

9 Replies 9

DzinPo
Level 1
Level 1

Forget to say, when file sharing is not working, I can still ping the file server. But If I opened the network drive - the windows file explorer just keeps spining..

Try reboot the RV Router and check - what is the bandwidth you have,  what % is the bandwidth used ?

Other side what Router you have and can this share accessed Locally ?

Try disabling in RV any IPS advanced features and test it.

at last try any latest firmware available to download and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Bandwidth is ~100Mbit/s

On the other side there is no problem with access to file share.

Disabling the IPS also firewall doesnt give any impact on this issue.

Both routers RV340 and RV340W has the same latest firmware 1.0.03.29

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check logs on both devices when that is happening , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi, there! I put the advanced settings for s2s to "keep-alive" only on one side. Is this OK? With such settings the only log is on the router which has setting "keep-alive".. On the other side, there is no log according this.. 

DzinPo_0-1692945916548.png

- That is OK (keep-alive)  ; make sure both Cisco devices are using the latest available firmware (too) , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

DzinPo
Level 1
Level 1

Also, when file sharing access stops working, I can till connect to other side PC with VNC for example (throught this s2s).. Maybe it is related to windows 10 itself?...

- Another thing you may try is to tweak the MTU on the s2s link ; lower it a bit - if possible.
                              Check if that can help ,

M.

In the end I noticed that s2s connection between rv340 and rv340w works as long as only one l2tp connection is made to rv340w. If another l2tp connection is made from the same network, the first one l2tp disconnects and also destroys the s2s. So solution is not to use l2tp with ipsec… After disabling L2TP s2s works.