Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 - unable to login to admin portal

PlyrStar93
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to login to the RV340 admin interface lately but it doesn't work. No matter I enter the correct password or the wrong password, the icon next to the login button just keeps spinning indefinitely. If I click on the username field in the meantime, the icon disappears but nothing else really happens.

Some other details:

• I have RV340 in two locations and the routers and both of them are having the same issue
  • Both routers are less than 6 months old
  • Tried multiple browsers, incl. Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari (iOS), none have worked
  • Firmware is either 1.0.03.18 or 1.0.03.20

Has this happened to anyone, and how did you guys solve it?

rv340.png

57 Replies 57

I have tried many times and several of these are done, I tried both using the console port as well as direct connect.

We have the same issue here, even after reset, the device with default cisco/cisco login stuck at the admin portal page. 

al3xclarke
Level 1
Level 1

I've experienced this exact same issue with two RV340 units now.

Unfortunately, the solution in this thread didn't work. I wasn't received the error (via terminal) stating that the image was corrupt.

On one of the units I couldn't log in to the GUI, but the router was performing fine. The second unit (which had 2 WAN connections and a more advanced configuration) had the same issue preventing GUI access and the router wasn't handling network traffic correctly (it was only using one of the WAN connections and running extremely slowly).

I called Cisco TAC and after around and hour of troubleshooting they advised me to perform a "USB upgrade procedure". This simply loads the newer firmware without requiring access to the GUI.

It didn't work at first, but that was owing to the wrong PID being used.

I've written up some instructions for this process below.

https://www.al3xclarke.co.uk/cisco-rv-series-gui-login-loop/

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your contribution.

ใช้งานได้จริง thank you

Hey al3xclarke, I have 2 of these giving me this issue. My question to you is: Does this procedure set things back to factory? Just want to be prepared to reprogram if need be... Thanx in advance!

All your configurations will be intact. I made a backup of the
configurationd file so that if the problem reoccurs I can just factory
reset it and install from the backup.

On the first unit the configuration seemed to roll-back to the backup configuration.
However, the second unit I recovered came back online with the latest configuration.

Wellll didn't work for me... Maybe because:

• This one is a PID RV340W-A-K9-NA which I changed the name of the .img file to? (RV340W-A-K9-NA.img)
  • Or I used a bad USB stick? Although it seems to work fine in my laptops / computers
  • It was still connected to network, should all cables be disconnected?

I'll return tomorrow and try again with a brand new USB. Does anyone else have any thoughts? Did I miss something? @al3xclarke instructions are pretty straightforward ..

It looks like you're using the regional SKU for the filename and not the PID.
Try removing "-NA" from the end.
So, the filename would be "RV340W-A-K9.img". If this doesn't work try "RV340W-A.img").
Good luck!

Finally got a chance to try this out on another system and this time I dropped the -NA in the file name like @al3xclarke suggested and his instructions worked great! Now to get back and try the first one that I failed on before, doing that tomorrow and I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

Excellent - glad that's working!

Thank you for this. This worked perfectly for my rv340 router. 

This saved me so much time.  I was going to reset mine, doing the steps worked perfectly.

That's great news - especially if you're able to preserve the configuration!