Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340W - 5G wireless no connection.

Neko21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My router is now about two weeks in operation. It's running with multiple vlans, one AnyConnect VPN tunnel and multiple SSIDs. From the beginning it seemed to work fine after i realised that all devices were connected over the 2.4 GHz band.

I created a new SSID with only 5 GHz and tried to connect some devices without success. None of my devices (Samrtphones, Windows Laptops) can connect to the 5G band even it is visible. Windows just tells me "Can't connect to this network." and the Android phones "Connecting...".

I tried different chanels, bandwidths, passwords and encryptions also without succsess.

Thank You
Mateo

1.PNG2.PNG

18 Replies 18

@ivancisco 

Hi there,

You should call Cisco STAC and request an RMA. Contact details are as follows: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html 

Regards,

Martin

ryn0tech
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue with my rv340w. Already RMA'ed one. The issue happened withing a week out of the box on the first rv340w I had. The replacement lasted about 3 months before the issue started happening again. it has recurred every 24-48 hours this past two week. I have to disable the SSID then re-enable to get it working again each time. Running the latest firmware 1.0.03.20.

Had high hopes for this router with the nice features it has, but very disappointed so far. If the issue keeps recurring, I will have to likely return this thing.

Sorry but the true is we all aren't lucky customers , rv340w is just
another piece of low quality hardware, even it is made by cisco... Such a
pitty because I opened it to see what is below the case and it looks pretty
decent. Hope to see soon ddwrt or openwrt for this device.

Hi,

You may need to RMA the RV.

Regards,

Martin