Views
Helpful
Replies

rv340w possible vpn issue

CalinHodrea1747
Level 1
Level 1

Heloo there

i have a site to site vpn using those routers(different ip adreses on both sites). everthing looks ok but when i try to acces resources (shared folder, application) through vpn nothing is working. ping through vpn is working i can see the shared folder but when i try to acces is i only get whaiting pointer and in the end an error. I have try to turn off firewall on everything still same issue. i assume that is a settings on routers but i can-t figure it out.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...and in the end an error. 
                               - What is the error ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

In the end i get error 0x80070079 . The semaphore timeout period has expired

>...In the end i get error 0x80070079 . The semaphore timeout period has expired
  Make sure (local) anti-virus and or firewalling  solutions aren't blocking the particular access.  Look into the MTU parameters of the VPN tunnel and lower it as a test (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

well. i have have manage to find out what is happening.

So when i have this site to site vpn i have folder which i can see / even acces them but on most of them i can see the tree folder and cannot acces information inside. Same with aplications. So i deleted that vpn and i have made a client to site  vpn to check what happend.

I get same problem if i use the client side gateway on . Everything is working as intended if i use that default  gateway on remote server. I think that the issue on site to site vpn.  

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

This is more than likely permissions issues on the client/server versus something on the tunnel since you can ping your share.  A good way to confirm this is to set up an ftp server like xlight and see if you can connect to that ftp server.  If you can, your vpn is fine and it is a permissions issue, not an ipsec tunnel issue.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

CalinHodrea1747
Level 1
Level 1

Probably. I have tried to make a client to site vpn with pppt and i can acces everything on nas as i need it. however i didn-t manage to figure it out what happend when i start that site to site vpn , and cannot acces files.

PPTP is dated and considered insecure.  I would definitely try to get that site to site working if you can as it's far superior.  

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com