cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 ignoring schedule start time for firewall filtering rule?

dawid3789528
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange problem with RV345 - a firewall rule with an assigned schedule works really weird:

* the start time is ignored - the rule doesn't activate when the time comes (HH:mm:ss),

BUT:

* if the schedule is modified so that the time range falls within the current time, the rule is activated,

* with the above, the rule is also deactivated properly, based on the schedule's end time.

It looks like something is wrong with the start time trigger - be it a cron job or whatever else the router is using to update firewall rules. Or maybe there is some granularity for the start time that I'm not aware of (end time works just fine with minute-accuracy).

I wonder if anybody can enlighten me as to why the above doesn't work or what can be done to make it work. 

Router: RV345, firmware: 1.0.03.29 (up to date).

4 Replies 4

Hi

Sounds like a Bug. This can the  bug CSCvj83724 :

"RV34x: ACL and Time Schedule is not working properly on the
latest firmware 1.0.01."

This bug can easilly not be fixed yet. I would try different version.

Thank you - yes, it may be it or a follow-up regression somewhere. I see the release notes [1] mention this bug as fixed but there's certainly something off  there.

[1] https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Release_Note/RV34xx_relnote_v1_0_03_29.pdf

Or maybe a similar Bug was created on the recent version, who knows. 

dawid3789528
Level 1
Level 1

I guess Cisco should know... It's quite unprofessional for them to release a firmware with such a big gaping hole in one of the core functions... I know this router is no longer "supported" but still - not the cheapest piece of hardware and I'd expect at least the advertised and documented features to work properly...