cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345 Still goes unresponsive on 1.0.02.16 when site-to-site VPN tunnels established.

Ruckol1
Level 1
Level 1

I've struggled with this device for over 6 months. It nearly ruined a vacation, and has literally cost me over 20 hours and who knows how much extra paid labour from my techs.

Well, last night was the moment of truth. We drove all the way out to the client location, manually copied down their entire RV345 ruleset, downloaded and successfully installed the firmware with a factory reset in the process.

Manually re-entered all the rules, and 2 hours later we were up and running. Re-established the 2 site-to-site IPSEC VPN tunnels successfully, everything was looking OK. 

In the past, with the tunnels established the router would fail after anywhere from 1-3 days. It would get extremely sluggish, and eventually completely unresponsive. We'd had to have someone on-site physically restart it, or send a tech out there to do it if it occurred after hours.

We completed the firmware upgrade last night around 2:30AM EST. This afternoon around 3PMEST, it started behaving exactly how it did on the old firmware version. Fortunately I was able to get into the routers at both site-to-site locations and disable the tunnels before the thing went completely offline because the RV345 dashboard was barely responding to web requests. 

As SOON as both tunnels were disabled, response times returned to 3ms, with everything nominal.

This is without question, the worst piece of technology I've ever had the misfortune of owning. I beg anyone considering it to move on. If you're on the firmware team for this RV3xx series, you should be seriously ashamed of your work.

0 Replies 0