Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P error dnsmasq: failed to allocate -1 bytes

Hi all,

I use the RV345P as a home router, connected to an SG220-26 and two WAP371.

Everything works fine. But, I receive tons (several hundreds to thousands) of the following error messages per day on my RV345P: <error>dnsmasq: failed to allocate -1 bytes

In addition I got many of the following warning messages: <warning>dnsmasq: ignoring nameserver 127.0.0.1 - local interface

I tried to reset my device and reconfigure it manually (no conf restore). Same problem.

I disabled the second wan interface but the problem persists.

Searching the internet did not provide me a solution.

Anyone an idea what could be the issue or how to proceed with my troubleshooting?

Txs,

Greg

5 Replies 5

markiremonger
Level 1
Level 1

I have this problem too, although as I understand it from googling - the 127.0.0.1 message can be ignored as this is a special IP address (Google it).  I am however getter a 'dnsmasq: failed to allocate -1 bytes' error every 2-3 minutes in the log file.

stevecaspers
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas on this issue.  It is very annoying as it is logging this error every 5 seconds.

Sure be nice if cisco would comment on the issue instead of leaving it's users in the dark.

Yes I agree.  

The solution I found to both problems was selling my router on Ebay and buying a competitors device.

It worked perfectly.

Two years later and several versions later and no change.

kkiesow
Level 1
Level 1

I too continue to have this problem. I just upgraded to firmware release 1.0.03.16 - It did NOT fix this issue.