Views
Helpful
Replies

RV345P internet TCP connection to some servers is impossible, but ICMP works

ecsit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm using an RV345P with firmware version 1.0.03.17. The Router is configuierd with several VLANs, Client-to-Site VPN tunnel and there is NO webfiltering active. Internet connection WAN1 is used and connected via PPPoE to a fiber channel gateway.

The big problem is, that the router is unable to create TCP (HTTP) connections to some servers on the internet, but ICMP traffic (ping, tracert) works absolutely fine. There is no DNS problem, this problem also occurs using the IP adresses directly.

I recorded HTTP connection tries with wireshark and the initial TCP handshake is simply not answered, so the browser tries to repeat it, without any response. I tried the same using a telnet terminal trying to connect to the servers on port 80, there is also no response.

I can ping and tracert the same servers using their domain or IP address without any problems.

I also informed the internet provider about this problem and they were unable to find an issue on their gateways.

In the next step I replaced the RV345P with a simple home router (FritzBox) and connected it to the fiber channel gateway in the same way. With the FritzBox there are no issues with these servers at all, so the RV345P must be the problem.

Is anyone having the same issues or maybe a solution for this? I guess there must be something wrong in the Routing or NAT feature of the RV345P.

These servers are showing the issue for me:

www.alternate.de (195.234.50.235)

www.8mylez.com (178.63.79.73)

cloudsso.cisco.com (72.163.4.74)

kind regards

0 Replies 0