cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS 4000 INTERNET ACCESS POLICY GUI BROKEN

AJ Cohen
Level 1
Level 1

This type of issue has been posted time and time again by others.  In this particular instance the ability to deny and allow access based on a time and day for one or more MAC id or IP address or range of addresses does not work.  Because the code is so "weak" that it cannot handle a policy which passes the midnight threshold into the morning (the test is actually commented out in the code), one is forced to write one, perhaps two inverse permit rule(s).  In this case, it cannot be done because the "allow" radio button is stippled out.

Some simple digging reveals that the file AccessRes.htm gets to the browser with the "allow" radio button stippled out because the token "disabled" appears in the generated html.

<input type="radio" value="allow" name="f_status2" onclick="setBLOCK()" disabled="">

I have several of these devices.  They are all new V2 units. They all have the latest version of the firmware and they are all broken the same way.  This behavior is the same on various flavors of browser.  As an experiment, based on SOP responses I've read, I downloaded and flashed with the latest firmware (same version as delivered), and then performed the factory reset.  No change.  It's broken.

When will Cisco be fixing this? 

You know, a little editorial here.  Before Cisco purchased Linksys, Cisco had a strong name in the networking marketplace.  Everyone felt that Linksys would become a better product with less hardware failures.  No one ever thought that Cisco would become a poorer product with more software failures.

Untie someone's hands and let them get a couple of hours in to fix this.  I will gladly assist and/or test.

1 Reply 1

AJ Cohen
Level 1
Level 1

bump