cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Satellite

lclifford1
Level 1
Level 1

Is the Cisco VPN Client compatible with Excede Satellite service? 

4 Replies 4

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding your question. Compatible on what sense? Also, what device will the Cisco VPN client be connecting to (Specific model number).

Our company has a VPN Client on our server.  We have a smaller company in a remote area and we had to install a satellite for an internet connection.  The satellite provider does not support  any VPN client servers, therefore, our remote company cannot access our server.  Excede (the other satellite provider) told me I would have to ask Cisco if there VPN Client was compatible with Excede Satellite.  The Tech department told me to ask this question in this forum because the tech I spoke with did not know the answer.

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Unfortunately the information is still very vague but I will do my best to answer it.

First of all, in order for you to use any Cisco supported VPN clients, you will need to have a Cisco Router on the location you are trying to gain access to.

Now, in regards to the actual client, I will say that it will work with any connection depending on the following:

1- The ISP is not blocking ANY ports on the internet connection

2- Your actual upload speed (not the advertised one but the actual one) is, as a minimum, 500 kb

3- Your internet connection is reliable.

Please understand that the closer you are to the 500 kb minimum requirement, the most issues you will have with your connection.

Just to be completely clear, we CANNOT guarantee that the VPN Client will be compatible with ANY ISP, but if those 3 requirements are met I don't see a reason why the client will not be able to connect.

I hope this was helpful.

agkhan-au
Level 1
Level 1

You can create VPN on both ends (your side and remote side) by cisco small business spr527.

Or

you can use on both side Cisco RV180 Gigabit Broadband VPN Router

Or

use Modem Dray Tek.

if u want how to configure them ? let me know I will tell you. I already configured VPN many times for our Clients. they have no issue with ISP.

thanks\