cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled Access Rules

drheams
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV130W router which I want to use for time based access restrictions for a single host in the network. My setup uses three schedules as described below:

Summer1 = All days, 8:00am - 10:00am

Summer2 = All days, 1:00pm - 4:00pm

Summer3 = All days, 8:00pm - 11:59am

I configure 5 access rules with the first three permitting a single host, 10.1.202.101, according to these schedules. The fourth rule blocks this host and the fifth rule permits all traffic. My goal is to allow Internet access for the single host during the schedules times and to block it at other times. All other hosts should always be allowed.

The fifth rule to always allow other hosts works fine but my scheduled rules don't work. I expect this to work like a standard ACL where if the first rule doesn't match I should continue to the next rule. Traffic during the permitted schedules should match one of the first three rules and be permitted while out of schedule traffic should match rule four and be blocked.

This doesn't work as the single host only matches the first rule so is permitted during "Summer1" from 8:00 am to 10:00am but is blocked all other times. What can I do to resolve this?

0 Replies 0