Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up an RV320 with a DMZ

LarryTagli88794
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm attempting to setup a new RV320 with a Wan1(ISP Xfinity) and a DMZ(Meraki VPN).  The LAN side is working fine along with a Linksys EA8300.  The Meraki worked going through the LAN side,  but I'm unable to get the Meraki to work once its moved to the DMZ port.

I utilized the setup wizard and chose DMZ.  The WAN1 is obtaining IP from the ISP.  I made up and not conflicting IP with different Subnet for the DMZ.

Are there other configurations changes required.  What am I missing?

Larry

8 Replies 8

agekov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello LarryTagli88794,

My name is Anton and I am working in the  the Cisco Small Business Support Team. 

Can you share whether the router is working on the latest firmware version 1.5.1.05?

You can find it at following link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/rv320-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router/model.html#~tab-downloads

If not I recommend you to update to the latest firmware version.

Kind Regards!

Anton Gekov
Technical Consulting Engineer – Level 1
Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

Anton,

Yes, it was updated to the most current right after changing the password and before the basic setup.  I also did a factory reset and reran the basic setup before performing a backup.

Thanks,

Larry

Hello @LarryTagli88794

Thank you for the update!

I recommend you to open a Service Request to Cisco Support since reviewing the issue may require some sensitive data.

You can find more details about this at following link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

If you have difficulties opening the SR you can send me your CCOID and device S/N on personal message and I will open the SR for you.

Kind Regards!

Anton Gekov
Technical Consulting Engineer – Level 1
Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

Anton,
I'm sorry but I am having difficulties opening the SR. So, per your request I am sending you my CCOID LarryTagli88794 and device S/N NKS230402KR on a personal message. If you will open the SR for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Anton,
Will you be opening an SR as per your offering. I'm not sure why it wont allow me to do so as this is a brand new product. But, I've been stuck for 10 days now without a working solution.

Thanks in Advance,
Larry

Anton,
I’m sorry but I am having difficulties opening the SR. So, per your request I am sending you my CCOID LarryTagli88794 and device S/N NKS230402KR on a personal message. If you will open the SR for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Larry

Anton,
Will you be provide a response, or is there something else required?
Larry

LarryTagli88794
Level 1
Level 1

Anton,

Yes, the first thing I did after changing the password was update the Firmware (see below).  I also performed a backup of the config files.  Any other change required beyond the basic setup Wizard?

Firmware Version:

v1.5.1.05 (2019-10-01, 15:39:40)