cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up L2TP server for VPN on RV345 Router

YZTan
Level 1
Level 1

I have done some search and have came across quite a number of posts with similar issue. However, i am still unable to successfully set up a L2TP IPSec VPN on my RV345 router and allow win10 built-in VPN client to connect to.

Whenever i configure the L2TP Server setup and turning it on, the log will always only show.

• 2020-Sep-07, 09:14:18 GMT         critical          vpn  xl2tpd: setsockopt recvref[30]: Protocol not available
  • 2020-Sep-07, 09:14:18 GMT         critical          vpn  xl2tpd: death_handler: Fatal signal 15 received

Need some guidance on how to resolve this please. My current workaround is to use PPTP PAP, but i would like to transit to IPSec.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is the only alternative Option available for now for the L2TP you want to use windows 10 ( you may have option if you like to use Cisco any connect client, but that is additional License)

Hope you follow below thread and solution : in case not come across :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/router-rv345-vpn-connection-for-windows-10-with-ad-account/td-p/3877929

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5527-configure-client-to-site-virtual-private-network-vpn-connect.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

HI BB,

thanks for the reply. 

I have tried and followed the steps shared in the link. However, it was still unsuccessful. Tried PAP with DES, AES but not work. I am not even sure of the L2TP Server event get started. I would assumed if the vpn server setup is successfully, I should at least see something that says VPN service is up or something.

At user side all i see are "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during the initial negotiations with the remote computer" error. And at router side its the error shared in my main post. 

T