Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting Vlan Port for internet port

meatciscodotcom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have recently took up a fibre internet plan with my local telcc. This plan comes with a ont and stock router from the telco. They configured their device in a way where internet signals are tagged on a specific vlan all the way from my wall socket to ont, then to the router itself. I wish to replace this router as the wireless signal was bad.

I have with me a WRVS4400N V2 router. There was no internet signal at all even thought the admin page of the cisco router shows ports are up.

It is possible for me to tag the internet port on another vlan number?

Please advise. Sorry for any retard questions asked as i have low knowledge on network equipments.

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Lobin, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your inconvenience you are having, in this case you are able to tagged the Vlans as this document process, http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=1443

But you are not able to Tagged the WAN, so I advise you to contact your ISP in order to resolve this issue.

I hope you find this answer useful

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your advise. My ISP made it this way to force their users to use their product, which quality is far apart from the cisco router i have.

Thank you again.