Views
Helpful
Replies

speed problems with Linksys RV042

robert.bigus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Linksys RV042 (fw: 1.3.13.02-tm) with 120Mbps wan (with cisco epc3925 cable modem). I use 10/100Mbps switches between workstations and RV042.

If I connect my laptop directly to the wan, I have 120Mbps download speed really. When I connect my laptop to one of the lan ports of RV042, or to the switch, then I have maximum 10 Mbps.

I tried the followings:

* setup MTU manually to 1500

* turn off SPI, firewall

* disable all unused ports

* I checked Port Management > Port Status : all ports are 100Mbps, full duplex

* connect directly to the RV042 gateway (without switch)

* replace UTP cable

* I checked Bandwith Management settings (UL/DL set to 100000Kbps)

but nothing. It seems, like the router limit the connection 10Mbps. Why?

I have no idea, what's the problem...

thanks

Robert

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Robert, the router is a 10/100 router so it would never peak the 120. However, that doesn't explain the gross reduction in speed. How long has the router been in service? This would appear to be a v01 router so I am suspecting the hardware has at least 3-4 years on it. When did you upgrade to the 1.3.13.02? Is it possible to reset the device to default?

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

I know, that 120Mbps isn't posibble. The device is a v1.1 hardver and it was never in service. I tried to reset factory default, and it solved the problem!!!!!  

(I tried soft restart, power off/on, but I doesn't think I need a very-very hard reset.)

I don't understand what was wrong, because I use the same config now(I reconfigured it manually, I doesn't want to recover the config from backup!). So I have 80Mbps downlink, 10Mbps uplink on my laptop with enabled SPI firewall.

Thanks for your answere, it was very-very helpfull

Robert