Views
Helpful
Replies

SR 520 SSL VPN through Dyndns

Muhammedsathar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I have a SR520 where WAN configured as PPPoE with Dyndns address. I have done all the configuration  through the CCA, so far everything is working fine. But now i want to configure SSL VPN, but I have getting an error message : SSL VPN cannot be configured, please configure wan interface using a static IP address.

Is there any way that I can configure the ssl vpn through a dyndns address?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Marcus Richters
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm in the same situation.

SR520-FE-K9

... so what does this guy mean:

http://pandaeatsbamboo.blogspot.com/2011/01/remote-access-ssl-vpn-and-ddns-setup.html

In my point of view "SSL VPN" with "DynDNS" we're talking about basics.

I mean this router was bought for my home office and it costs approx 270 EUR (so I think it's not a cheap one) so it's

embarrassing that this device lies somewhere else and isn't used.

I'm an informatics student, what conclusion should i draw?

Well,  I think the possible way is to configure the wan interface with a static ip address, then enable ssl and configure the basic stuffs of ssl. once it done, change the interface as pppoe and see if does it work!. (you might need to change few things through command promt)

I didnt try this option, coz SR520 has lot of stability probs in our country with the ISP (like pppoe will disconnect every 5 hours due to vpdn-group and the VPN will not work properly with smartphones espesially iphone and ipad), so hardly forced to buy Fortigate 50B and its very nice product and it does support all kind of technologies no matter what.

Cheers,

Yes Marcus.

If you are looking for a firewall, I regret to say that Cisco cannot handle lot of stuff in this sector.

They have to be more users friendly since most of their competitors(Juniper, Fortinet, Sonicwall, F5 and etc) are making their products as much as simple for the administrators and ofcourse with lot of other features are built-in which means you don’t have to pay additional penny for any other license.