Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 527w not accessible

Oldhat_NZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I recently ( three days ago ) purchased a SRP 527w and have been using it in a mixed Mac/Windows network. The setup is currently primarily using defaults apart from enabling logging. While I was still able to access the internet with some applications, accessing web content appears to have blocked after approximately 48 hours uptime.

No web pages using port 80 were available and that included the router web interface. The router would respond to ping only.

Frmware is 1.01.09

On a different note. I have to say that I find it very strange that the supplied documentation doesn't advise setting up the router using the admin login. It was only after reading one of the comments on this site that I was alerted to this security problem. I also find it rather annoying that I appear to have to purchase additional support merely to be able to download firmware updates which are designed to give the device improved functionality. 

Cheers

51 Replies 51

Since upgrading to the new firmware [1.01.19 (004)], I've had issues I never had before. Wireless clients suddenly lose Internet access and have connectivity issues whereas the wired clients appear to be unaffected. I also cannot access the router using a browser(from a wired server) when this happens and I'm forced to reboot the router, alas, the wired clients lose connection a s a result. Upon rebooting, everything is fine! Any ideas that could help me Andrew?

UPDATE 1:

I just want to add that this does not happen nearly as frequent as with the initial firmware! It happens around once every two-three days.

UPDATE 2:

Okay, I have rebooted the router four times today because of the same issue. I have now decommissioned this Cisco router and I'm now reluctantly using the 2-wire BT Business router. This router is despised by EVRYONE I know but atm, it will outperform the Cisco one. I will have to endure this replacement router for now until a better solution is available. Can I downgrade the router's firmware with ease?

Regards

Steven.

Message was edited by: Steven Spray

Message was edited by: Steven Spray

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your feedback.  We've been working on a similar issue recently, but it has been difficult to nail down (I have an SRP527 connected to Zen and I have yet to see this behaviour). Can I ask what configuration you are using?  Anything specific beyond wireless SSIDs and ADSL configuration?

As the issue is happening so frequently for you, would you be willing to try the SRP again to help us nail the root cause?

Andy

I have actually used the SRP again after one day as I just couldn't deal with BT FON and BT Openzone atm. Only affecting wireless users, I thought it was worth changing the radio settings. This is obviously something I should've tried prior and the following settings did help somewhat. Here's the scenario:

With the old firmware (1.01.11 (004))

Network mode: Mixed

Radio Band: Auto

Wide Channel: Auto

Standard Channel: Auto

Security Mode: WPA2 Personal

WPA Algorithms: TKIP+AES

This configuration worked with no problems (apart from the usual reboot every few days)

With the new firmware (1.01.19 (004))

Network mode: Mixed

Radio Band: Wide - 40hz

Wide Channel: 11

Standard Channel: 9

Security Mode: WPA2 Personal

WPA Algorithms: TKIP+AES

This setup works a lot better than the Auto options but I wonder how much this will interfere with the routers of our neighbours? I will have to get the optimum channel and frequency as dropouts still occur. Maybe Network mode B&G only, I'll play around when network traffic ceases tonight. I am keeping a close eye on the performance of the SRP and will let you know.

Router info:

Version 1.01.19 (004)
Model:SRP527W, ADSL2+ AnnexA, 802.11n ETSI, 2FXS/1FXO
Product ID:SRP527W-K9-G5
Version ID:V01
Serial Number:********

Still no issues with the LAN, WLAN dropped out twice maybe, very briefly though.

These symptoms are manageable compared with a few days ago as I can access the router's web interface and sort our the wifi without disrupting our LAN users.

I have changed the radio settings to 'Auto' again as I've reconfigured an access point. No issues as of yet but not many on their laptops atm so there might be problems as it gets busier.

stevenspray1
Level 1
Level 1

So the router was up and running smoothly for almost two weeks.

I had to restart the router this morning as wifi users(laptops/iPhone etc...) were unable to connect.

Again unable to access the router via the web interface but as always, a reboot sorted all.

FYI

Regards

Steven

superfoofoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I just recently upgraded to firmware 1.01.23 from 1.0.1.19. Since upgrading to version 1.01.23 I continually loose access to the web interface after about a day or so. The only way I can reconnect to the routers interface is by turning it off and back on again.

CISCO, are you aware of this problem as I'm no the only person experiencing it?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1615633#r16

Hope a fixed firmware is released soon.

Regards

Hi:

Thank you for your feedback.  We are currently investigating this issue.

To help us expedite finding the solution, can you provide us the configureation file and the box status information that you encountered the issue with?

To obtain the configuration file, please do the following:

Go to Administration > Backup & Restore > Backup Configuration > Click on "Backup"

For the box status information, please do the following:

Go to Administration > Remote Support > Click on "Collect Device Status information"

Once you obtains the files, you can reply us using private message.  To send private message, click on my username, and on the right corner, click on "send private message".

Thank you for your support and patient. 

Best Regards,

Charles