cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP521W Does not Support IGMPv3 Regardless of what Admin Guide & Datasheet Says..

jprez1980
Level 1
Level 1

I thought i'd share with the community an issue that was encountered earlier this week...the SRP500 series was purchased as the pre-sales department indicated the device did support IGMPv3 as did the Administration Guide on the device (Reference page 78):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/srp520_series/srp521w/administration/srp521w_admin.pdf

Unfortunately that's not the case as confirmed with my discussion with a technician yesterday evening. By not supported, I mean the option for IGMPv3 is not present in the drop down - only v1 and v2.  It's not related to firmware - it has the latest version.

To make matters even more complex, I'm being told that the device cannot be returned (place of purchase does not accept opened Cisco equipment devices) and Cisco has been less than willing to help even with their own information being inaccurate.

Even the tech specs are wrong on this device per my conversation with a support engineer (see attached)

Lets hope some good news comes out of this...

0 Replies 0