cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP521W v1.2.6 - wont connect to Comcast internet (MAC clone is on)

marciosanchez
Level 1
Level 1

SRP521W won't connect to comcast internet.  Mac clone is on, and it is the same as the old router.  The old router connects fine, but the SRP521W won't get an IP address from the cable modem.  I've reset to factory defauts and tried setting up only the MAC Clone and the Wan, but it won't connect.

I also tried downgrading to 1.01.29 but that version doesn't have MAC cloning (I couldn't find it), so I brought it back to 1.2.6 and it still won't connect.

Everytime I try the SRP521W, I have to call Comcast to send a "Refresh Signal" to the cable modem so it will work with the old modem again.

Any suggestions?

Update: I connected the WAN on the SRP521W to my old routers LAN and the SRP521W picks up an address and if I plug my computer to it, internet works... so the problem must be a compatibility issue between the SRP and the Cisco Cable Modem... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marcio, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your inconvenience, please go to Interface Setup > WAN > Internet Setup and please set the default DSL modulation is MultiMode. Then try again and check if you already have access. Also the MAC address you should be cloning is your PC address, so please check this configuration too…

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thanks for the reply Luis,

This model doesnt have DSL built in.  I can pick PPPoe from the WAN setup, but no DSL modulation setting shows anywhere, I've checked the administration screen too.

Hi Marcio, this option is only present in PPPoA, Sorry for that, for PPPoE could you please check your setup with the article below, I think it going to help you.

Quick Setup of Wide Area Network (WAN) on SRP520 Series

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thanks for the reply Luis,

With Comcast there is no login necessary PPPoe or PPPoa, so there is no such screen.  All I can set is DHCP or Static IP on my WAN type.

Thanks,