cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP541W Disable DHCP

MrWrighty
Level 1
Level 1

We have an SRP541W on which I thought I had disabled DHCP, its turns out that in fact I haven't. After seaching again for the DHCP on/off funtion I found it under the Vlan settings (Wierd place to put it I thought).

The Router has a static ip address on the LAN side of 192.168.1.254 and is connected to a Cisco 2700 series on the WAN side. Our network DHCP is served by an SBS 2011 server hence my reason to switch off DHCP on the router. However when I select Static IP address from the Address Type in the VLAN settings and try and save the changes I get an error that is IP Address / Subnet Mask value is illegal. Great but why when the router has and IP address assigned and the subnet mask is set do I get this error. On the VLAN settings page there is no option to set an IP Address

4 Replies 4

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nick,

That seems strange.  When you select static IP address, the screen should update to allow you to set the new address and mask.  See below:

Your image seems to suggest that this isn't happening (as we still see the DHCP Server dropdown).

The error is being presented because you haven't entered a valid IP address - which of course you can't, as you don't see the entry box!

Could you try a different browser?  Out of interest, which browser have you been using?

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for that. I'm using IE9 on the SBS 2011 server. Maybe security restrictions are affecting the interface, having said that all other aspects of the router interface seem to work OK. I will try another browser and let you know.

Can you advise what IP and Subnet Mask I need, I'm assuming I enter the same Static IP as the LAN static IP of the router 192.168.1.254 and 255.255.255.0

Thanks

Hi Nick,

Configure the SRP LAN IP address with whatever the SBS DHCP server has configured for default gateway and mask.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy

A Desktop browser IE10 worked OK, so can only assume that security on IE9 on the server screwed things up.

Have have set the SRP Static IP under VLAN to the same as the LAN IP at 192.168.1.254/24 and all seems OK.

Many Thanks