cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP541W - IPSec VPN Policy

Nicholas Root
Level 4
Level 4

Recently we have purchased a few SRP541W for our small branch office VPN sites. While working with the config I have discoved that when trying to create a IPSec VPN policy, I am limited to only one "remote network" entry. This is typically not how VPN tunnels are bulit. We generally put the following remote networks in the tunnel.

10.0.0.0/8
128.0.0.0/8
172.16.0.0/12
192.168.0.0/1

How do I open a BUG ticket with Cisco and ask that they change the code?

4 Replies 4

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi CSCO11034233, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for you issue you are having, are you running the last firmware 1.2.5? If not you can download it in the link bellow,

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283437659&flowid=23061&softwareid=282919993&release=SRP540%201.2.5&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If you are running this firmware, could you please send us a screen short about the error? Also will be really helpful if you tell us what kind of VPN you are trying to configure.

I hope you find this answer useful

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Jonathan,

Thank you for the reply. I am building a IPSEC VPN policy.

Local network is 172.31.210.192/28

Remote network is 172.16.0.0/12

I know and understand that the local network is included in the 172.16.0.0/12 network but that shuold not prevent me from putting all of 172.16.0.0/12 traffic in the tunnel.

jonatrod,

Can you recommend a non wireless small business router with a higher level capability than the SRP541W that Cisco has in production and not EOL, etc.?  I need to look for replacements for my SRP541Ws now so that I can test them out with our S2S VPNs.

Thanks.

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As you have seen, it is only possible to specify one source and one destination subnet per IPSec Policy.  I certainly appreciate that being able to add more subnets would increase flexibility here, however, as the product has just been announced end of sale, I'm afraid there will be little scope to add new features.

Regards,

Andy