cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for Microsoft Edge on RV134W?

john.pavel
Level 1
Level 1

The web interface on the rv134w is dated 2015, and doesn’t support Windows 10 Edge. (The login screen doesn’t render correctly, so you cannot even log in.)

What plans are there for fixing this, please?

4 Replies 4

raluani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

My name is Rozana and i am an engineer from the SBSC team.

Could you please tell me which firmware you have active on the RV134w?
I see that the latest firmware is 1.0.1.8, uploaded on 27-oct-2017, and should be compatible with Edge.

P.S I also tested one of our RV134w that we have. It was running on firmware version 1.0.0.29 and i was able to open the web Interface, log in and browse through the menu via Edge with no issue.

Hope this information helps.

Hi Rozana, I'm sorry, but I was reporting on the wrong device.  The RV134w seems to work correctly, as you say.  I meant to report on the SG350-10 switch (with firmware 2.3.5.63).  Sorry for wasting your time.

Hello Sir,

I powered on one of our SG350-10 and was also able to access with edge.
Mine was running 2.3.0.130 ( even older firmware).

Usually after a firmware upgrade it is recommended to factory reset the unit, so all features will run onto the new firmware.

But having in mind that the device I powered on in our lab runs perfectly with edge ( even on such old firmware), means that this is not a firmware or incompatibility issue on the switch, or else i would have been able to recreate your issue.

Many thanks for looking.  On closer investigation this appears to be a problem that occurs under Windows 10 Insider Preview (ie, the next release of Edge, etc).  The Cisco web interface does indeed work OK with the current release of Win 10 Enterprise, at least.  One to flag to the engineers to keep an eye on, I suppose.  It may be some forthcoming security feature.