Views
Helpful
Replies

Temporary access via web interface

DrnyDC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We use CISCO RV042G. After rebooting the device, it is possible to log in using the web interface. After a while it happens that logging in via this interface is no longer available. The login was tested from IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers. After rebooting the router everything is OK again, but only for some time. After that, access is no longer possible again.
The router firmware is 4.2.3.14.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What browser error do you get when the interface is no longer available ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

DrnyDC
Level 1
Level 1

The server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later .....

Hi

Seems to that the HTTP service is going down for some reason. This router is on the lastest version. Did you upgrade it recently?

Maybe a downgrade to the privious version could fix the problem.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- When the device is (still) usable , configure a syslog server, if the web-interface goes down, examine logs send to syslog server, perhaps anything comes up that can determine the cause.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '