Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to setup Remote Access VPN on Cisco RV042G

Hi Team,

I am highly frustrated, I purchased the RV042G for  our remote office to enable them work from home and for the past 5days I have been trying to create a remote access VPN  on this device but nothing seems to work except PPTP.

My WAN interface is configured for PPPOE so Public IP is allocated to my WAN Interface automatically whiles I maintain the 192.168.1.0/24 for my internal network. I thought upgrading to the latest firmware would give me  luck but after upgrade even the PPTP which used to work is no more working.

I would need your help from anyone to assist me set this device up for remote. We will be using Cisco VPN Client to connect to the VPN.

Kindly advice.

Regards

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this document can help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb278-pppoe-setup-on-the-rv016-rv042-rv042g-and-rv082-vpn-routers.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thannks Marce

My PPPoE is configured and fine since I am able to access the internet via the gateway. I tried using the Cisco quickVPN software which got connected but I could not ping any host on the LAN. I wish to inquire, should the quickVPN works what the maximum number of users can I configure quickvpn

- Check if this thread can help you :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv042-and-quickvpn/m-p/1508440

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '