cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Very slow LAN connections on RV325

rongarret
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting about 80 Mb/s throughput on my RV325 LAN connections (as measured by iperf) despite the fact that all of the individual ports show that they are gigabit connections, and all of the connected computers likewise show that they are (auto-)configured for gigabit speeds.  I've done all the usual things (web search, groveling through the manual and settings) and I can't find anything that would cause such a radical slowdown.  Note that this has nothing to do with my internet connection, this is purely local connectivity.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed here?  Thanks.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have any FW enabled ?

what is the code version you running in RV325

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Firmware version v1.3.1.12 (2016-04-27, 10:46:12)

Yes, I have the firewall enabled, but I’m a little puzzled why you would ask that. Do firewall settings apply to LAN connections? I thought the firewall only applied to the WAN ports. (I don’t see anything in the firewall settings to indicate otherwise.)

Oops, I take that back. The “access rules” panel does have separate settings for WAN and LAN (and USB). In any case, the settings are:

LAN: allow all traffic from 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0, 192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0, 192.168.3.1/255.255.255.0

WAN and USB: Deny all traffic from all sources. (FYI, I have an SSH tunnel set up as well under port forwarding.)

I’m not sure why I have the three separate LAN subnets. I’m only using 192.168.1.X AFAIK. I think what I have is the default setting. I don’t recall changing this at all.

I tried disabling the firewall and that made no difference.

Suggest to raise an TAC case with small business iam sure they can have a look and give you any suggestions and improvements

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yep, I just did that. Thanks.