cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Filtering on RV325

Feldhacker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV325 Gigabit Dual WAN VPN Router, firmware v1.3.1.12.

On the product page on the Cisco website, the "web filtering" capabilities are highly touted, which are also covered in Ch 13 in the admin guide.  I can also find a "web filtering" page in the product Help.

However, nowhere can I find exactly where the "web filtering" feature is located, how to get to it, and how to actually configure it in this product, specifically the "web reputation" capabilities.

Either I'm completely missing something, or this advertised feature just seems to be "missing" from this router...

Help!

4 Replies 4

anasathy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Feldhacker,

Thanks for contacting Cisco support community centre.

I hope you are doing well. I am really sorry for inconvenience caused and delayed response.

Web filtering option added in Cisco Small Business RV320 and RV325 Dual Gigabit WAN WF VPN Routers.

I am sorry to inform you that there is no Web filtering option available in RV325 Gigabit Dual WAN VPN Router. If you want use web filtering option you need to buy Web Filtering VPN routers. Please find the RV320 and RV325 Dual Gigabit WAN WF VPN Routers datasheet link below.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/rv325-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router-wf/datasheet-c78-737461.pdf

If you have any more queries regarding RV325 Please contact us
https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4841/online-chat-support

Hello

The Attached document from Cisco contradicts your statement that the RV325 does not support Web Filtering.

It shows the screens and how to configure.

But how do we get these screens to show up?

There is no mention of an RV325 that does not have Web Filtering.

Actually I faced same trouble in my customer place. I suggest RV325 for him and he purchased it. Finally he needed web filtering facility also. How can I upgrade my existing RV 325 router for the same.

Currently I have 3 RV325 installed and only one has the "Web Filtering" option, I updated the firmware in all three and found no changes in the two that do not have the function that I detailed.