cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Interface not open due to HTTPS

Raheel Qamar
Level 1
Level 1

I am using RV-082 router. Now I am unable to access it via any browser.

I got message Secure Connection Failed. I am trying to access through local IP like 192.168

Can anyone help me how to resolve this issue.

Error image also attached.

5 Replies 5

M.Verheijden
Level 1
Level 1

I'm afraid this issue will be ignored until Firefox 39 is rolled out and the *** hits the fan, you can install Chrome until there is a fix...

Hello,

Same error exist on all browsers now which means we need updated TLS for router.
Tell me is it possible to resolve this issue if I upgrade firmaware?

Error attached.

Hello Raheel,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums! My name is Kevin, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community. Can you tell me what firmware you are using? I think you should upgrade your firmware and see if that would help resolve your issue. I am currently using the updated firmware version 4.2.3.06 and I am able to access the web configuration page with Chrome and IE through local IP. Unfortunately Firefox sometimes have issue connecting to the web configuration page so I would suggest using Chrome or IE to connect to the web configuration page.  

You can download the latest firmware here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/rv082-dual-wan-vpn-router/model.html#~tab-downloads

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it*

Sincerely,

Kevin Yen

Cisco eContent Developer

Error MS Edge

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

The security certificate for this site doesn’t match the site’s web address and may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

Error Firefox

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.XXX.XXX. SSL received a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key in Server Key Exchange handshake message. (Error code: ssl_error_weak_server_ephemeral_dh_key)

Error PaleMoon

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Error Opera:

Opera can not verify this certificate

My firmware version:     v4.2.3.06 (Mar 19 2015 17:20:13)
My router :        RV042G V01

Clearly this firmware suffers from the well known and documented Logjam Attack (Diffie-Hellman key exchange weakness)
Yes in some browsers i can simply ignore the error and move on, does that mean Cisco has no obligation to plug this security hole in their hardware?
I can only assume Cisco is not aware of this problem yet and will address this vulnerability ASAP.

regards,
M. Verheijden

Hey

I bought my C897VAG-LTE-GA-K9 on eBay when I was doing CCNA now after learning Python and Linux I am doing Cisco DevNet and trying to create some api calls though it looks like I can't use http access because the software and firmware is out of date.

Is there is any way do get updated even though I do not have "buyers" account with Cisco ?