Views
Helpful
Replies

Will RV016 suit my needs ?

electronico98
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

This is my first message. I have downloaded and read the RV016 datasheet.

I would like to know if RV016 is a good choice for my use :

4 WAN connections from ADSL2 routers.

1 LAN connected to a Switch

1 server on DMZ

around 20 PCs on the Switch

I need mainly to :

- use a WAN load-balancing system

- use QoS based on ports/protocols

- use around 10 VPN PPTP simultaneous connections (can be done by another server on LAN)

From my searches RV016 should be a good choice, but thanks in advance for any comment or other hardware idea (in the RV016 price range if possible).

5 Replies 5

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Nicolas,

Yes, this model will do what you are looking for. please note they are new hardware version out now.

RV016 v3 This model is the one listed on cisco.com website.

Qos is based on port numbers

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

Hello Jasbryan,

Thanks for the answer.

Could you help with the link on cisco.com website about RV016 ?

How can I know prior to purchase the product that it is well the last v3 hardware version ?

TIA

If you happen to get a RV016 with an older hardware version, the product will work equally well for your use case. You still get the same limited lifetime warranty and 1-year free phone support for the product.

Nicolas,

It is not possible for us to know what hardware version any given reseller has in stock. If you want the latest version it is best to purchase from a high volume reseller.

Thanks tekliu & mpyhala for your answers.

Is there a changelog or something like that about the differents RV016 version ?

I ask this because I have read lot posts about troubles with some RV016 and if Cisco has changed hardware in V3, it is for good reasons I believe.

Thanks, once more for your time.