cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRV54G firmware no longer available?

compplus
Level 1
Level 1

Refference supportforums.cisco.com/message/3286877 contains a link which apparently worked at some point but no longer.  The only item listed as available for download is the vpn client.

If anyone knows where I might find this I would appriciate it.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for being patient. We had a small server crash here in our support center which unfortunately was the location where I had some of the firmware located. I have since sent the file to  Mr. Kirkland. But wanted to post it here as well.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Try this link: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282526489&flowid=795&softwareid=282465795&release=1.4.1.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business

Community Manager

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

I appologize for my lack of clarity.  In order to better describe the problem I have I shall try again, additionally I appologize now should I not infer well or with efficency.

First of all I think link you provided directs me to a VPN client no longer available in the version number intended.  I believe this to be true as how the page it loads states "Release 1.4.1.2 currently does not have any software available for downloads" and 1.4.0.5 is marked as latest available.  Moreover, I do know recently this was not the case due to the fact I downloaded release 1.4.1.2 on the 14th.

Specifically I'm looking for the software mentioned in the release notes for the WRV54G here.

Thank you.

I am also looking for the most recent firmware for the WRV54G.  Can you please

send a link to the firmware?  The link below appears to only be the VPN client.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting. As you know by now the firmware page for the WRV54G contains only links to download the QuickVPN client. Unfortunately all firmware for the WRV54G has been removed from cisco.com and my understanding is that it will not be made available again.

win2kpro
Level 1
Level 1

Just go to http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html

and put your router name in the " Enter you product name" box.  It will take you straight to it... I just tired it, and it worked.

Whilst I applaud your zeal in helping with find this missing firmware, I fear you've been throttled by ineptitude.  You see I've used the site search as well as the forum search and yet I am still shown only the VPN software which that, good sir, is not what I would classify as working.  Perhaps you've one of those newfangled Google Search Appliances on your company's intranet? 

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

I can understand your frustration with not being able to find what your looking for, but no matter how eloquently words are spoken, harsh is harsh when someone is trying to help. With that said, I have a copy of the firmware that you seek. I assume that the complus is your email, but just to verify without assuming, please respond to emoyersatciscodotcom and I can send it to you.

Thanks

Eric Moyers
1-866-606-1866

Thank you for being patient. We had a small server crash here in our support center which unfortunately was the location where I had some of the firmware located. I have since sent the file to  Mr. Kirkland. But wanted to post it here as well.

Eric Moyers
1-866-606-1866

Hello Eric, I have a question for you, the file that you have provided its a RMT file. Can you please send to me (fusserleonardo@gmail.com) by email a standard .ZIP or .RAR of the firmware file because I don't know how to extract the .RMT file, Thank You!!!