cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4000 vpn issue

steventing
Level 1
Level 1

From the early entries this thread has gone on since 2009. It's over two year, and I just got my first WRVS4400N v2.

Flame!! Nothing has changed, the definition of small business means there are USUALLY one office, and several people runs around thus the need of a VPN server sitting at the home office Router. I think most of us small business operators had wished for a connection away from office, NO REMOTE GROUPS, just clients on phone, or laptop. Using this connection to get to some files which isn't sitting in the cloud, or perhaps using it to hop over firewall restrictions that some overseas countries had imposed.

Wake up Cisco! What you should have is a setting for Stand-alone VPN server, NOT Router to Router.. What you should have is feature that generates the various psk for different platforms. What you should have is made things simple, instead of these magicabbage which goes no where for the small businesses.

Through out this thread the original poster is presenting the same problem, he and I don't have a Remote Group router to enter an IP address, tell us to use the QuikVPN client DON'T work, the Server isn't UP to begin with!!!

Moreover, the damn VPN client installer on the this new v2 runs only in Win 2000 or XP??? What the (*&^! Doesn't seem like a large business like Cisco should have in their boxes. I don't even know if anyone is listening in this forum, seems the questions were all answered with ignorance.

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business Community Forums. I see that you have bought a WRVS4400N v2 router and have some questions and concerns about the use of VPN and Quick VPN with this device.

Let me assure you, in almost 95% of all instances Quick VPN works very well. I would like to invite you to call into our Small Business Support Center and let one of our engineers work directly with you to figure out a solution to your issues and concerns. The information that we would be looking at is type of router that you have at main office-(Which we already know), what you are trying to reach within the network, your main goal(s) for the VPN, which version of the client that you currently have, and a couple others. Then the engineer can help walk you through the setup and connection.

Thank you so much for this opportunity to assist you and we look forward to hearing from you at the Small Business Support Center 1-866-606-1866.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to reach out to me here.Also when you call in and get a case number, please post it here so that I can follow-up on it for you to make sure you are getting taken care of.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA-Wireless
1-866-606-1866