cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N: Internet access policies blocking everything after fw update

matiasuher
Level 1
Level 1

After updating the firmware of my WRVS4400N from V 2.0.1.3 to 2.0.2.1 all traffic was blocked for all machines, even some not included in the list of PCs.

As the log was showing that all traffic was blocked by access policies, I disabled the only rule I had (blocking access to some sites to some MAC adress list) and everything worked fine.

I tried creating a new, simpler rule but after activation it blocked again all traffic for all the LAN.

After many trials, I decided to roll back to the previous V2.0.1.3 which solved this problem.

But this firmware update included some serious security issues, so I would like to know how to solve it if possible.

Thanks,

Matías.

1 Reply 1

sharkdivertoo
Level 1
Level 1

I have set-up an Internet access policy on my WRVS4400N with the V2.0.2.1 f/w.  I am using this at home and needed to block a website (Facebook) during certain hours to ensure our child was working on homework and not socializing.  At first it didn't work because it blocked all sites not just Facebook and it blocked Facebook (and other websites) for other computers (not just the computers I was blocking via MAC addresses).  But then I found that I needed to add a second policy that allowed all websites at all times for every IP address on the network segment I was using for the house.  This second policy has to be after the first policy that blocks the restricted computers during specific hours.

Hope this helps.

Jerry