Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400N wireless router connection problems

mmegdillon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need some help trouble-shooting wireless network connectivity issues that arose recently:

We use a Comcast modem and two WRVS4400N's as wireless routers/wireless access points.

We recently got our comcast service upgraded to 100/20 and also got rid of our static ip address.  As a result (I think there must be a sort of causal relationship here, but I'm not sure what it is) we can no longer connect to the internet using our wireless networks.  We can connect to the wireless network, but have "No Internet Access."

Any advice or help would be great!

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Maureen,

It could be DNS issue.. Have you checked what DNS address are you getting when connected to wireless network? Are you able to check if you are able to ping 4,2,2,2 or 8,8,8,8 from your wireless clients?

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Thanks for the response!  I'm sorry to say that my knowledge of these things is pretty elementary.  1) How can I check the DNS address I am getting? 2) Are "4,2,2,2" and "8,8,8,8" actual DNS addresses or are these just random numerical examples you chose to represent our primary and secondary DNS that we should be able to ping?

Thanks!

Ok,  I actually figured out the answer to both my quesions above.  Let me ask this, though:

Firstly, I cannot ping either of the DNS addresses you suggested I try.

Secondly, once I have determined what DNS address I am getting when connected, how do I determine if it is correct.

Thanks!

Hi Maureen,

The ip address which i have mentioned are public DNS.

Does your internet work when you connect client machine directly to Comcast modem (i'm hoping that you have an port of modem to connect the client directly?) If this works please provide ipconfig/all details from the client machine. You can get this info my following path Strat-->Run-->cmd-->ipconfig/all(type this on the black window)

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!