Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRVS4400Nv2 DHCP Relay on 2nd VLAN

Hi,

Here's what I'm trying to figure out:

My network is set up such that I have a Wireless Network in VLAN 1, which is the primary network that we use.  The subnet is 10.5.1.x.

My goal is to set up a completely isolated Guest Wireless Network, however it would work best.  What I am trying to do now is I created a seperate VLAN (VLAN 2, IP range 10.5.2.x) and turned on DHCP on the WRVS4400N.  However, in the Guest Network, it is always picking up a 10.5.1.x IP which is handed out by the DHCP server (10.5.1.5, Win 2003) and still routing all of the traffic to/from our private network.

Here's What I have set:

Wireless>Security Settings>Guest Network (SSID 2)

• Wireless Isolation (between SSID w/o VLAN): Enabled
  • Wireless Isolation (within SSID): Enabled

Setup>LAN>VLAN 1

• Router IP 10.5.1.1, WLAN IP 10.5.1.3
  • DHCP Relay for 10.5.1.5

Setup>LAN>VLAN 2

• Router IP 10.5.2.1
  • DHCP Enabled for 10.5.2.x subnet
  • DHCP Relay option is grayed out (not sure why)

Setup>Advanced Routing

• Inter-VLAN Routing: Disabled

Any way to solve this would be fine.  I just do not want traffic routing through our internal network.  Ideally, if I could get the Windows server to hand out 10.5.2.x addresses, that would be perfect, but I'm not sure how to configure it for such. 

If anyone has any ideas, that'd be great- thanks!

Matt

17 Replies 17

If you do that, look at IP based ACL for allowing requests to specific IPs (DHCP).  Just a thought.  I see that this thread is old, how has everyone progressed with this?

Rich

Nope.  No control of which VLAN so not possible.  Also it would be a custom service.

Rich

augustoquintana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Would you please recommend any other Cisco device DHCP relay on 2nd VLAN actually capable? I had already bought the wrsv4400 when I read this. Store promised me a refund, but I still need the service.

Thank you,

Augusto.