cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2800 Series Router IOS feature set for WAAS support

tmking001
Level 1
Level 1

Our reseller is trying to sell us Adv Enterprise Services IOS upgrades for each 2800 series router that we plan on installing a WAE-502 WAAS module. I'm running Adv IP Services on a router that appears to be working just fine with a module already installed. I thought I only needed a "T" train IOS with WCCP support, not Enterprise Services.

Seems like overkill, but I don't seem to be able to find a definitive answer in the WAAS documentation to refute my resellers claim. I'd rather not be buying something I don't need.

Thanks for any help on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In order to run WAE-502 WAAS Module on a 2800, you need 12.4(9)T or higher. Please refer table 2 in the below URL for details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6870/products_data_sheet0900aecd8058218c.html

And your understanding is correct with respect to "Adv IP Serv" and "Adv Ent Serv" and I dont see a reason why you need "Adv Ent Serv" to run the WAE-502 WAAS module on a 2800. Some of the feature difference that I see between those two feature sets are, Appletalk, DECNET, Distributed Director, DLSW+, Frame Relay Access Support, IPX, LAT, STUN, TN3270, etc. included in "Adv Ent Serv" and not in "Ad IP Ser". If you dont need the Enterprise feature, then you should be fine with "Ad IP Serv".

You can go to the below URL and compare the feature sets for a more detail list than the one mentioned above.

www.cisco.com/go/fn

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In order to run WAE-502 WAAS Module on a 2800, you need 12.4(9)T or higher. Please refer table 2 in the below URL for details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6870/products_data_sheet0900aecd8058218c.html

And your understanding is correct with respect to "Adv IP Serv" and "Adv Ent Serv" and I dont see a reason why you need "Adv Ent Serv" to run the WAE-502 WAAS module on a 2800. Some of the feature difference that I see between those two feature sets are, Appletalk, DECNET, Distributed Director, DLSW+, Frame Relay Access Support, IPX, LAT, STUN, TN3270, etc. included in "Adv Ent Serv" and not in "Ad IP Ser". If you dont need the Enterprise feature, then you should be fine with "Ad IP Serv".

You can go to the below URL and compare the feature sets for a more detail list than the one mentioned above.

www.cisco.com/go/fn

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card