Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3662 Router Does Not Reboot

I am having what I consider a pretty serious issue with a Cisco 3662 Router here... in one word the router does not reboot!

Here is what happens:

Router#reload

Proceed with reload? [confirm]

*Mar 1 00:22:57.399: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by admin on console. Reload Reason: Reload command.

After that, nothing happens, it just hangs there. All of the interfaces on the router die down and the SYSTEM LED on the front panel goes off. I've tried different IOS versions, and it's still doing the same thing.

If I can't reload this router like this, it's pretty much useless. The only way it reboots is if it's physically turned on and off.

Thanks for your help!

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris

That is a pretty odd situation. Would you please look through the configuration and if there are any boot statements in the config please post them. Also please post the output of show version.

Are you connected through the console when you enter the reload command or is this through a telnet connection?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

There is no configuration, it was just cleared out.

I am trying a different IOS right now, and don't have access to the device at the moment, but it's running 12.3(15a) IP PLUS.

I am connected through Console (other wise it would tell me that the telnet session was terminated...)

deebeeishere
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem with a 2610XM.... I have 4 2610XM's and a 2611XM that i have recently updatated the IOS on and one of them tends to hang upon issuance of the reload command. This is with any configuration clear or not. I have not done much more investigation into this issue but I am thinking that the IOS was corrupted during installation because If i remember correctly it was stating that there was something corrupted after the first reload from the old IOS to the new. the router reloaded itself probably about 10 times and then it began to work like it fixed itself. Ever since then it will hang upon the Reload command after asking for reload confirmation. I will try to update this post as I try to resolve this issue. Any comments on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card