cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

867 VAE K9 - VDSL config [ATM interface - 802.1q]

Gregory Karidis
Level 1
Level 1

I have to configure my 867 as VDSL router [from ADSL]. My ISP play with 802.1q - and ATM [no ethernet].Any configuration available or any Help?
Thanks

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm sorry I don't have any 867 to do some tests.

For sure, you need to go on your controller and change the operational mode in vsdl2.

Then for the configuration, you can refer to Cisco documentation: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/800/software/configuration/guide/SCG800Guide/SCG800Guide_chapter_010110.html

If you have any issues, let me know, we can maybe a setup a webex to figure it out. 

Again, I'm not able to give you more hints as I don't have any of these routers here.

Normally, you need (after changing the controller), to create your dialer interface, then configure your atm interface with the right encapsulation and attach your dialer to the ATM interface:

interface ATM0
no ip address
encapsulation Encap_type ppp dialer
dialer pool-member 1

+ other ATM specific parameters under the ATM interface

Let's follow the documentation for now and keep me posted please.

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thank you Francesco , my ISP settings are : PTM with 802.1q (VLAN-835) MTU 1400 and encapsulation PPOE. with ATM interface i can sync with DSLAM, I take a VDSL controller UP but 

Daemon Status N/A

and i can not take a public IP from ISP.
The problem is that i don't know how to make a VLAN 835 and ''connect'' this VLAN with ATM interface. 
ATM didn't take a 802.1q encap[ATM sub interface maybe?].

Hi

Yes you can do dot1q tag within ATM but you need to configure it through bridge-group.

The config looks like:
Interface atm xxx
Bridge-group 1
encap xxx
Bridge-dot1q encap xx --> xx is vlan id

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card